Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Video
I am not sure what I should say about the video. He is right student learning should take on a different form than say memorization. But, if I didn't memorize how to spell all these words you would not be able to read this. I think students need to learn how to think and solve problems. The vast availability of finding facts is so easy now, it is much less important to memorize facts that you will not use everyday. So, why am I still teaching Geometry and Trigonometry to all of the students at the high school when many of them will not every use either of these subjects after leaving my class. Some will like students going into construction or architecture. I should be teaching students how to think and approach problems. They will have to find solutions in small groups to be productive later in life. I use groups everyday so students are able to interact and learn how others solve the same or similar problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment